Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Only 20 more daYS!

Only 20 more days until Andy graduates! (19 until we leave for Chicago!!). I am so excited that I could cry!! Well, I recieved a letter from Andy on Monday and he is still the RCPO and he said that people are really respecting him and listening to him and they are finally coming together as a team ! YEAHY! He told me a little story that I will share with you.
"Everytime we go to eat, we walk in a line to the galley. Once we get there, we line up in columns of two until one person goes in and finds out what table's we will be eating at. Then, they come back and they tell the RPOC. The RPOC then says "Division 038 we will be eating at tables 3 and 4 fall out".. And at bootcamp when someone tells you something to do you are supposed to say "Aye-Aye" and then thier title. Well, with all of the other RPOC's no one ever said anything at all. But, the first time we went to eat and I was the RPOC it was crazy! Without even telling anyone to do it, I told the tables to fall-out and all 86 people yelled "AYE-AYE RPOC"!
That's right recruits.. respect The Hulings :)
Anyway it was just a cute story from Andy that I thought I would share with everyone. It is getting SO close now! Andy is actually starting to send letters back home, that he has recieved to make room for new ones!! I can't believe that it's almost over!! I'm ready and I know that the boys are ready.

6 comments:

Dad McM said...

'Admiral Andrew Hulings'...got a nice ring to it Karrie:)) Glad everything is going great for him. Hope the 20 days go by fast for ya...

Grandma KIM said...

....Admiral Hulings........hummm?... you're right - it sounds really good! Knowing Andy, he could very well accomplish it too!!!

(Now only 18 days!...see how fast the time is moving!)

David Hulings said...

That is such a great story. I am so glad that someday the boys can get on this and see how great their dad is. We, of course, knew this but the boys still get the joy of discovering it. Way to go son ... or should I say, "Aye-Aye RPOC". Also, I hear Navy beat Army for the 7th time in a row. I guess he picked the right branch.

kArrIe hULinGs said...

Yeah, I heard that the NAVY stommped all over the ARMY.... didn't even let them get a point did they? :)

David Hulings said...

Like always I open my mouth before I think. I put on the post card I sent Andy to send me: "Go Army-Beat Navy" No wonder he didn't send it.

kArrIe hULinGs said...

He didn't send it back.. :( He probably couldn't hand it to someone with that on there.. maybe he'll cross it out and then send it !