Friday, December 19, 2008

My baby is a United States Sailor!!!

~For those who I haven't talked to .. ANDY DID IT!~ He passed battle stations !! As did his ENTIRE division :) Now, we wait..... We wait three more stinkin snowy days!! He didn't say a whole lot about BS except for that he thought he FAILED. They were doing a fire fighting test and he was on the hose. The RDC or whoever said something and Andy thought he was talking to him, so he let go of the hose. ANDY GOT CHEWED OUT.. then he was told to get out and take all his stuff off. He got yelled at pretty bad I guess at first and then the guy explained to Andy why what he did was wrong. Andy said he thought for sure he had failed
:( Said he almost threw up.. poor guy... But we got to talk for about 15 minutes and this time he got to talk to Dom too!! Gramma S even got to tell him HI!! Whew!! Finally, now I can get some rest!

7 comments:

~*Amber*~ said...

CONGRATULATIONS ANDY!!!! Can't believe your boot camp journey is almost over...can't wait to see you :)

David Hulings said...

Congratulations, Son. We are so proud of you. I am sure that was never racking, but that is what the training is for. Sometimes mistakes or flaws can be good. Teaches us stuff. Good stuff. We are so proud that you get a new HAT. One of those funny white one. Can't wait to see you graduate. Way to go Karrie. You prayed him and encouraged him through it all. You should get a hat too. :))) (Funny the Word Verification for this post is "SATORS" When I first saw it I read "SAILORS".

Grandma KIM said...

Way to go son! I know it's been really HARD but you did it!!! I'm so proud of you! See you in a few days!

Kristie said...

Cool!!! Great Job Andy!

What can I say? He takes after his big sister.

kArrIe hULinGs said...

David~ "Funny the Word Verification for this post is "SATORS" When I first saw it I read "SAILORS"..

Hmmm.. I don't understand? Am I missing something or is it just because I was born blonde?

David Hulings said...

No, you aren't blonde it was just a dumb observation that made no sense. When you get old you find humor in anything. I thought it said "sailor" and I thought how unusual to have it say that on the day Andy got his hat. Then I noticed it didn't say sailor. It said "sators". But, explaining it is even worse ... sorry.

kArrIe hULinGs said...

ok... still a little bit confused.. :) WHAT said SATOR?? Hmmm..