Monday, December 15, 2008

Only one week left....

This week is going to be a tough one. I am SO excited to get in the car on the 23rd and drive to Chicago ~ knowing that Andy is right around the corner. At the end of this week, Andy and I are going to be able to say that we have done it. We have completed the 1st step in our journey of the NAVY! Eight weeks is a long time for any couple to be apart, but I would say especially hard for us. We have been together for TEN years, and have never spent more than a night or two away from one another. Now, we have made it through roughly 60 nights without one another. Andy without me or the kids, and me without him, taking on the role of full-time single mommy.

Photobucket

I cant believe that the end of boot camp is finally this close. I can honestly say that this is by far THE HARDEST thing that I have ever had to do, being away from my best friend and the person that I have fallen in love with over a million different times. I am actually getting really nervous to see him again. It feels like I am a freshman in high school all over again :) I am SO PROUD of my husband and all that he has accomplished in such a short amount of time. I believe with all of my heart that this is what our family is meant to do and that GOD is in control. Andy has made us all SO proud and I know he will continue to do so throughout this journey! I have never believed in or been more proud of anyone.

3 comments:

~*Amber*~ said...

Love you both!!!! Can't believe you're almost home and about to reunite with your family Andy!!! Karrie - you HAVE to wear your dress :)

David Hulings said...

It must be really hard to be apart. I have been praying for you each day for strength to be the single mom and to be able to let everything happen as God wants. Most of us don't do that well. You have done a great job and we are just as proud of you as we are of Andy. You two have so much to look forward to and you only a few more days. Keep going. Can't wait to see him graduate and then see him, you and the boys together. God is going to finish what was started here in a great way.

Kristie said...

Dad always leaves the comment I was going to say.


:)