Thursday, December 11, 2008

Another story from our "STARPOC"

Starpoc-both jobs that Andy is doing put together (Strarboard Watch and RCPO, they call that RPOC?)
Andy wrote me yesterday to tell me how last week went with all of their inspections. I'll share a story he wrote. Word for word.. maybe just a couple of spelling and grammer enhancements :)
"When we got back (from A PFA test) we had to do a 3 hr personal inspection and weapons turnover inspection. You know, things where I lead it all and if I do anything wrong a big part comes off our score. Yeah, I was nervous as hell because you never know how the inspectors will be and I have to talk to them the whole time. But, it went well, we passed everything. I only did one thing wrong. Out of all the orders they give me. They tell the RPOC prepare your divison for weapons turnover inspection adn I am supposed to say "Division you have 5 minutes to prepare for WTI" and I forgot the 5 minutes part. So we got marked down once. Then, after the whole thing was over, the inspector was int he office w/ y chief. They yelled my name to go into the office and the inspector hands me this paper and tells me to fill it out. I look down and VERY BIG at the top of the paper it says "Demerit CHIT" which is really bad. Only 1 person has got one so far and they bring our overall division score way down. So I am freaking out. I didn't know what to do, so I look at my cheif and she throws a pen at me and tells me to just fill in the info that has the X's by it and sign. She looked pissed. So here I am alone in the office with both my chiefs, my petty officer, and 2 inspectors. I am freaking out, I think I even started to sweat. So, I fill it out and give it back to the inspector, who is intimidating as hell. She writes something on it and tears off a carbon copy, hands it to me and says "Get out of this office". So, I don't even llok at it and I walk out of the office wondering what I did to deserve this. The last kid actually cried when he was apologizing to the division for his. Anyway, so I get back to my bunk trying not to let people see what I have in my hand. I finally look down and read it and it says all this GOOD stuff about me. How I did exceptionally well and things like that. Apparently, they give out BZ's, whatever that means, on the same paper. They give them out when you are recognized for doing something really good. And they negative out any bad ones that the division gets. So I am relieved. I look back at the office and they are all laughing and smiling through the windows. They knew I was scared and worried as hell."
Just another awesome story about how great my husband is!

4 comments:

Grandma KIM said...

All the MIND GAMES!!! At least this one turned out really good for Andy :-) I can just imagine him sweating his *#s off waiting to read all the bad stuff.......I bet there were lots of laughs from his superiors! Maybe he'll let us read all the GOOD STUFF he's gotten when he gets home!

Anonymous said...

Boy! test after test after test! Thank God he had them LOL instead of yelling! Thats our Andy! :)

Kristie said...

Thanks so much for sharing!
How cool is that??

Are you telling me the Navy is so cheap that they can't afford to put the "good" comments on a different form?

David Hulings said...

Way to Go Andy!! That is such a cool story. I am so proud of him. I'm hoping they don't do that again, however. A guy can only take too much ... not Andy, me. As I read it my blood pressure was going up.