Wednesday, November 19, 2008

letters from daddy!

We got a few more letters from Andy today!! I got a couple on Monday as well! He is still doing good and said that the phone call home really helped.
**I guess a few days before he called home his RDC asked if anyone knew.....10 of something... and Andy stood up because he knew them.. Well, he messed up on the 7th one (just forgot to say Petty Officer) after he messed up he found out that if he would have done all 10 correctly HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A 10 MINUTE PHONE CALL home! He said he was pretty ticked off and told the kid that ended up winning it that he would pay him $500.00 to have the call. In other words, he really needed the one that he got :)
Anyway, he said that he should be able to call home on the 24th or so to "finalize" his travel arrangements after graduation etc.. I still haven't gotten his packet for graduation so I don't know if anyone else will be allowed to go. The internet site says absolutely not, but Andy said there may be a chance. So I guess we'll see when I get the info. I'll keep everyone updated! Keep sending him letters please!! He can use all of the encouragement and stories from home !

5 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh - Thanks for calling me and telling me why the pants were rolled up!! :)

Anonymous said...

HEY! The REST of us wants to know why the pants were rolled up too!!!?! :)

Grandma KIM said...

You just NEVER KNOW what a guy might hide in his socks!!!!!

Grandma KIM said...

Kristie....what the heck you doing blogging at 3 in the morning????

Anonymous said...

Im hoping Kristie's "clock" is off ;)