Sunday, November 9, 2008

I talKed tO andY yesterday!

It wasn't a long conversation or anything, but I did get to hear his voice!! YEAHY! Of course he called as I was standing in the middle of the Reba/Kelly Clarkson concert.. I had to push people aside and RUN out of the Van Andel just so we could hear each other.. Also by -passing numerous security people and COMPLETELY ignoring them! The first 30 seconds of the conversation went as follows:
K: "hello"
A: "babe... babe.. can u hear me?'
K: "hello, hello, babe!!"
A: "babe! babe.. hello?"
K: "babe don't hang up just a min.. hang on"
A: "babe i don't have that long.. hello"
K:"babe!!..babe.. hang on!!"
A: "Hey babe?..babe!!"
K: "Almost there. just a min.. DON'T HANG UP!!!
A: "Babe are you there?"
HEHE.. of course he would call the ONE NIGHT I am out of the house and in the ONE PLACE where I couldn't hear ANYTHING!
It wasn't a phone call to chat, it was simply an instruction for me so that I could go and get my military ID.. But I did sneak in a how are you and he replied.. good.. Then he asked how the boys were and I told him good, really good! Then he had to go. We told each other we loved each other and that was the end of the call. At least I we were able to tell each other we loved one another :) But, man what a bad time to get one of the most IMPORTANT calls EVER!

3 comments:

David Hulings said...

I am so glad you got to talk to him. I am glad he is doing good. Keep hanging in there. Each day is a little closer to your being together as a family again. I know it was really hard when I was in but those I loved back home kept me going. You had a short conversation but you told him exactly what he needs to hear.

Kristie said...

HOW EXCITING!!!
I am so happy for you!

It must've been really SURPRISING to hear his voice!
Doesn't that figure it would be the ONE time you were OUT and ABOUT. :)
PS: How was the concert??

kArrIe hULinGs said...

The concert was GREAT! They sang with each other the entire time.. which was kinda different... but they were VERY good!! It was the best surprise ever :)