Thursday, October 30, 2008

Last Night

Last night I recieved a PHONE CALL from Andy!! My phone rang at 9:30pm and it was a number that showed up Illinois! YEAHY! I was sleeping already at the time, but I still remember the call and the majority of what was said :) He just called to let me know that he made it to bootcamp and that he loved and missed us VERY MUCH! He also informed me that he wouldn't be allowed to call for another 3 WEEKS.. :( So I won't be hearing his voice again for a little while.
He also said that this has already shown him that he never wants to be away from us again and then asked how the boys were. (previous he told me he only has like 2 min to talk) I let him know that Dominic was asking for him as SOON as I arrived home and that they missed him too. about a second later I heard (in Drill Sergent Crazy Pissed Off Voice) "Let's GO! YOUR DONE!" He said K babe gotta go love you.. love you too babe.. (banging, bang, click of the phone) That was a much shorter version of the phone call I would have liked to have, but it was enough. Just hearing his voice and him say that he loves us and misses us helped me rest much easier. I am sure it did the same for him as well. I am definetly looking forward to the next call in the weeks to come!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures of him in his "NAVY" clothes instead of "OLD NAVY" clothes! ;)

kArrIe hULinGs said...

Me too! There is just something about a man in a uniform :)

David Hulings said...

You both and the boys are in my prayers. This is going to be tough but you both have a good focus on this - don't doubt in the dark what you believed in the light - enjoy the journey however dark the path.

kstraley said...

Kar, I've been praying for you both every night. One, that God paves a safe road for Andy throughout this journey of his and two, that He wraps His love around you, so you do not feel so lonely while Andy is away...I will call you tomorrow morning to check in on you...I love you both!

Kristie said...

I keep thinking what if he is scared of the the crazy drill sergeant man? He sounds scary....

kArrIe hULinGs said...

I don't think Andy will be care or be scared of anyone, but I HATE that there are people yelling at him!